2023 AGM Approaches
Posted in Upcoming Events at BAIS
Rebekah Moore, BAIS Board Member and the Chair of the Election Committee announces the following to all BAIS Association members (parents, teachers, Director and Business Manager):
1. The Annual General Meeting of the BAIS Association (AGM) will be Thursday, May 18th
- All Association members should attend;
- Social gathering at 6:00 pm (drinks and finger food available);
- Meeting starts at 6:30 pm
2. At the AGM, you will vote to approve 2 items -- Please review these in advance!:
- 2022 AGM Minutes (will be shared below)
- Amendments to the BAIS Articles of Association and BAIS By-Laws (will be shared below)
3. After the AGM, BAIS Board Elections will be held. Association Members will elect one Board member:
- There are 6 BAIS Board Members
- One member is appointed and will continue in 2023-24: Rebekah Moore
- Five members are elected:
- Four (4) are continuing their 2-year terms in 2023-24: Fady Ghanim, Fady Hocheimy, Kris Murray, and Ope Boroffice.
- One (1) Board member is completing her term this year: Yassin Senghore.
- This leaves one seat open.
- Yassin Senghore is running for a second term on the Board;
- Any other interested candidates must submit their Nomination Form and Biographical Sketch (LINK) by Monday, May 8th.
Questions can be forwarded to Rebekah Moore and the BAIS Board Election Committee Chair via the BAIS Office.