BAIS offers individualized educational programs in a supportive and warm learning community of staff, students and parents. The teachers we seek for BAIS embrace the challenges of living in a very small, developing country while delivering the highest educational program expected by the expatriate, diplomatic and business community. BAIS teachers support each other and often teach combined grade classes. They enjoy the beach and create their own social events in between frequent school events that they inspire and organize.
If you are ready for a school where you give your best in order to get the best from each learner...
If you hope to commit to a small, cohesive community...
Then come Believe - Achieve - Inspire - Succeed at BAIS!
Contact us at BAIS today to begin the discussion.
Vacancies for 2023-2024
Application deadline: May 20th, 2023 Start date: August 14, 2023
We are seeking locally-available, qualified, and experienced classroom teachers as follows:
PART-TME Music Teacher (Prekindergarten to Grade 8): teaching qualification & experience required - Orff/Kodaly pedagogical practice preferred.
PART-TME Special Needs/Learning Support Coordinator, Personal, Social, Emotional Learning (PSEL) Teacher, and University/College Admissions Counselor: certification/experience in a combination of these or other subjects is required:
FULL-TIME Office, Technology & Teaching Assistant: teaching qualification, technology experience & clerical/secretarial/admin experience required
Teachers & candidates applying for the positions above must hold the following qualifications to apply:
- Bachelors or Masters degree (Education degrees prioritized);
- Teaching license or teaching certificate or teaching qualification;
- Years of teaching experience;
- Experience with the American CCSS / AERO Standards;
- Prior experience developing Standards-Based units of study & assessments;
- Passion for offering co-curricular activities in addition to teaching;
- Deep and abiding appreciation for the African continent;
- A positive outlook and love for children and teens;
- Experience living in the developing world -- RPCVs encouraged to apply!
How To Apply?
To apply for these or future vacancies, please email your application materials as listed below to the Director, Myna Anderson. Director@BAISGambia.org We will answer every application email.
Applications for employment will require the following:
- Letter of Introduction;
- Contact details for three professional references – 2 must be direct supervisors from current/most recent positions. Include their current email and phone number;
- Scan of teaching license/certificate and transcript or diploma for highest degree earned; and
- Scan of Immunization records including Yellow Fever and COVID.
'Clean' Police clearance documents and phone checks with current/most recent supervisor will be required for employment.
BAIS is committed to safer recruitment practices. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. Everyone who works with children at BAIS will be asked to present a police clearance check for at least 2 years in their current country. Employees must present evidence of a police clearance from their current country of employment for at least the last two years prior to being contracted for employment at BAIS. We reserve the right to require police checks for more than two years.